There a few simple requests we have of you to ensure the right environment is provided for yoga. All students are required to abide by these.
GENERAL FOR ALL
- ALWAYS arrive at class 5 minutes before the nominated start time of the class.
- ALWAYS notify the teacher of any injury you may have prior to the start of class.
- ALWAYS notify the teacher IMMEDIATELY if a physical adjustment causes you any discomfort or pain.
- Students to return studio yoga mats and blankets to where they borrowed them from neatly at the conclusion of each class.
- If your studio yoga mat is wet or damp at the end of class from perspiration, leave it at the side of the studio to dry. Notify the teacher so they can put it away for you at a later time.
- Students who leave their yoga mats at the studio for storage are required to roll them up and secure them with a tie or strap so they cannot unroll. Mats to be placed neatly at the front of the room. Personal blankets must also be stored away in this cupboard neatly at the end of class.
- Avoid eating a snack 1-2 hours prior to class start time (this rule is not applicable to pregnant women).
- Avoid eating a heavy meal 3-4 hours prior to class start time.
- Students are requested to enter and leave a class with minimal noise and disruption. This is particularly important when other students are practicing asana, meditation, pranayama or relaxation.
- Students must leave shoes outside the studio room.
- It is appreciated that all students wear deodorant and suitable clean clothing to class.
- To participate in a yoga class, you must pay for that class prior to the commencement of the class.
- A free Class-Pass may only be used once by a person who has not attended a class at SunSalute Yoga previously.
- SunSalute Yoga takes no responsibility for personal property left in the studio.
- Evening Students who perspire noticeably are requested to use a personal mat
- Mobile phones must be turned off upon arrival
PARTICULAR TO EARLY MORNING MYSORE STUDENTS
- Early Morning students are required to shower before the start of class.
- Students are not permitted to have conversation during Morning Mysore classes unless it is with the teacher regarding yoga.
- Morning students are required to bring a small hand-towel to class with them.
- Physical adjustments are an accepted part of the practice by Ashtanga Yoga students and Teachers. If you do not wish to receive them you must inform the teacher prior to class commencing. It is ESSENTIAL that students notify the teacher at the start of class of any injury they may have. Students MUST notify the teacher IMMEDIATELY if an adjustment causes them discomfort or pain. These events will be logged in the Injury and Incident Log Book by the Teacher at the conclusion of the class.